First thing I need to say is… this Sunday is Star Wars Day!! You can be sure that I’ll have a post on all the goodies I’ll be making for this year next week. Now back to the cookie cake, this cookie cake is everything I would want in a cookie: sweet, salty, crispy, chewy, marshmallow-y… I could go on about it. The last time I served this was during this year’s Super Bowl and while people ate this, it was very quiet. It was that good.
To be honest, this recipe is like my baby. This cookie recipe has been over 5 years in the making! I almost didn’t want to write it down because well, it’s mine and I didn’t want to share. But I figured someone must be having a day somewhere and this cookie would be sure to cheer them up. So whip up a batch, and make yourself or someone smile because a smile is free therapy.
Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Marshmallow Cookie Cake
Makes one 9” cookie cake
6 oz. butter, divided
½ c. sugar
¾ c. brown sugar
1 tsp. kosher salt
1 egg yolk
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 c. all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tbsp. cornstarch
¾ c. chocolate chips
¾ c. mini marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350˚F and line a 9” cake pan with parchment paper along the bottom and the sides.
- In a small pot, brown 5 oz. of butter.
- While the butter is browning, mix sugar, brown sugar and kosher salt in a medium mixing bowl.
- Once the butter is brown, add the remaining 1 oz. of butter and stir to get the brown bits off the bottom of the pot.
- Add the hot browned butter to the sugar mixture and stir. Let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract until glossy and homogenous.
- Fold in flour, baking soda, and cornstarch until just combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips and marshmallows until just combined.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until center is set and slightly underdone.
- Let cool 15 minutes before serving.