- Mango Pocket Knit Cardigan in Medium Brown – A cozy topper for this finicky spring weather.
- H&M V-Neck Blouse in Light Beige – An airy, lightweight blouse that’ll camouflage the Covid-19 food baby.
- Significant Other Sabine Gathered Jersey Top in Neutral – Artfully gathered and twisted for a hint of skin when paired with a high-waisted bottom.
- Wilfred Dancer Dress in Stockings Beige – Ballet inspired shape that encourages free dancing in your living room.
- BLANKNYC Madison Jeans in Off White – A truly neutral jean that’ll easily pair with any top.
- Hermes Oasis Sandal in Blanc – An timeless Hermes style with a walkable heel to give you a little lift.
- Bottega Venetta Mini Pouch in Nude 20 – I’m really into the modern minimalist look and it has an optional shoulder strap.
Hi! Just sharing some cute spring finds that make me think of warmer weather. I don’t know about you, but I miss going to the movies, eating brunch, and generally walking outside without worry. Hang in there! Please keep up the social distancing, because the more stringent we are now, the faster we can flatten the curve.
- Self Portrait Lace Panel Midi Dress in White – This white lace dress has the most gorgeous mix of textures.
- Zara Faux Leather Biker Jacket in Light Mauve – A closet staple in a fun spring color which makes it the perfect transition piece.
- Wilfred Twirl Skirt in Camille – Permission to twirl, spin, swish, sashay all you want in this dramatic a-line skirt.
- H&M Hooded Jacket in Powder Pink – For when you’re social distancing and jogging outside with your playlist as your companion.
- Colourpop Sweet Talk Eyeshadow Palette – I purchased this coral hued palette a year ago and still use it almost daily!
- Self Portrait Grosgrain Layered Lace Maxi Dress in Mint – The perfect mint dress.
- Wilfred Odyssey Dress in White – Major early 00’s vibe here with the smocked bodice, but updated with a sexy slit and a waist defining silhouette
How are you doing today? I feel like it is more important now than ever to check up on the people around us. As a natural introvert, being isolated is not a problem for me. But the general atmosphere of cheerlessness even has this wallflower wilt a little. All the gyms are closed so I’ve been jumping rope for exercise and trying to learn how to jog while jumping rope like Rocky. I tend to laugh whenever I trip up and it echoes eerily in the air from the silence. It’s an uncertain time in the world, but I’ve been getting small joys in cooking good food, playing gin rummy and retail therapy (it’s proven to boost your mood). Here are some links to keep you entertained because cheers to social distancing and banding together to #flatteningthecurve.
- It’s the first day of spring and feels like 33˚F here which doesn’t exactly translate to the start of warm weather. But looking at flowers blooming around the world will get you there.
- Looks like I’m not the only one playing gin rummy.
- Everlane is having a $50 all denim sale. This never happens. I immediately ordered these in bone because I’ve been eyeing them for weeks.
- This Reformation dress is also on sale. It gives me summertime feels and would be a great wedding guest outfit.
- Ulta is having its annual beauty steals event! I’ll be ordering this classic eyeliner and already purchased this face cream.
Valentine’s Day is coming and I’ve got hues of red and pink on the brain. Funnily enough, I don’t own many red colored clothing. I think maybe it’s because they tend to be statement pieces. But there are so many cute options this season and I kinda want everything.
- Self Portrait 3D Floral Azaelea Dress in Tomato Red – I’ve always loved self-portrait’s famous azaelea dress, but I prefer this version with the additional details.
- Sézane Jack Sneakers in Nude – Love the shape of the shoe with the clean lines and the blush color is just perfect.
- YSL Touche Éclat Pen in Dazzling Lights – I’ve tried all the “dupes” and nothing comes close to this miracle in a tube. It makes me look instantly awake and alert. I just wish it wasn’t so pricey. Sometimes I turn an extra click by accident and I feel like I’m wasting money. Hahaha J Worth every penny and I adore the festive packaging on this version.
- Waitress the Broadway Musical – Saw this the past week and I just about died fangirling over Jason Mraz on the inside. If you know me personally, you would know that I’ve been a big fan since high school. I met him after the show after waiting in the cold for an hour. But being the introvert that I am, just stood there quietly while he signed my Playbill. We made eye contact though, and Mr. H kept coaxing me to take a selfie with him, which we kinda did at the end but I have that oh-so-awkward smile that I always have when I’m not 100% comfortable so I’ll just keep it to myself. Unfortunately, Jason won’t be performing after the 11th of February, but it’s just as worth watching for Sara Bareilles. So talented!
- H&M Short Chiffon Dress – I’m a fan of the ruffled shoulder details and the ruffled skirt. The polka dots are also a chic detail.
- Sézane Line Blouse in Red Poppy – How beautiful is the lace pattern on this shirt? Plus, that flattering square neck in the back makes this just about the most romantic top.
- Candy Corpse’ Hot Hams Pin – Because Calcifer is one of my favorite Miyazaki characters and this pin is so stinking cute.
Hold your horses, Halloween candy is already in stores. As much as I love the transition of summer to fall, it’s just too early! Here are some of my favorite things this summer:
- This embroidered v-neck dress. I love the ruffle detail around the waist and the flattering cut. Eat as much as you want, your belly won’t show. 😉
- How cute is this eyelet top? The bows on the shoulder lets you adjust the length and is so on-trend.
- The perfect summer blue skirt will give even your simplest white shirt a romantic twist.
- This primer is admittedly a luxe buy, but worth every penny. I usually don’t bother with primer but this is holy grail status. It doesn’t make me break out, or dry out my already dry skin, and makes foundation go on super smooth. No pilling or patchiness here! Plus, the refreshing cucumber scent makes it a treat to put on in the morning.
- Love the different stripes on this shirt. Plus, the round zipper gives it a retro twist.
- I’ve been eyeing these loafers for so long. The sling back detail keeps it from being basic and the design is so classic.
- Warm weather stirs up my wanderlust and I’m in love with these suitcases. They come in many colors but the navy is my favorite.
How are you spending your summer? Any favorites you want to share with me?
*I am not sponsored or paid to share my picks with you. Just sharing what I’ve been loving lately.
- I made this elephant baby boy cake for a baby shower. The elephant is from the invitation. I just love putting personal touches on a cake.
- The cutest video of puppies on the beach.
- This week in NJ, the weather reverted itself to summer for a few days. I’m talking shorts-out, AC-on and oven-off weather.
- Fell in love with these sunglasses as soon as I saw them. I got them in pink.
- I got this beautiful chunky infinity scarf in marble. Super warm AND it benefits Haitian orphans. Win-Win.
- Jimmy Fallon and Kevin Hart visit a haunted house. So. Funny.
- Please, please tell me you’ve registered to vote and will vote on or before November 8th. This video of President Obama is hilarious. “You know how you beat LeBron James one on one? Get there 45 minutes early. Then it’s one-on-none.”
- I’m officially on the Stranger Things train. My favorite character is Dustin. Who is yours?
- Whaaaaaaaaattttt… a Pumpkin Spice Latte beer?? Must find and try.
- I spent a part of my Labor Day weekend in Findlay, Ohio for my cousin’s wedding. Farms. Everywhere. Other than that, it was a beautiful, small town wedding. (L to R: That’s me, my cousin- Debbie, my sister-Rachel, and my other cousin-Joseph)
- My current favorite makeup is the Tarte water foundation. It literally melts into your skin and is incredibly weightless. Bonus, it will not oxidize on your skin.
- I got this bag (in black) as a birthday gift for myself. I’m loving it.
- I also received this necklace as a birthday gift. I love it. It goes with everything.
- Try as I might, I cannot spend $800 on a pair of boots. I tried just about every option out there for a pair that would hug my legs as tight as Stuart Weitzmans and I finally found it. Call off the search party.
- I made this for dinner the other day and it was a hit!
- Football season has officially begun. I benched C.J. Anderson and I’m crying on the inside.
- Tory Burch Cecile Sandal – I love the gold detail on the heel. So unique and the very walkable heel is a bonus.
- Uniqlo Rayon Check Shirt – Incredibly light and wrinkle resistant, which is perfect for hot and humid northeast summers. I got both the gray and the blue because they’re so versatile.
- DC Fix Adhesive Film in Grey Marble – 1) Marble is expensive. 2) I am not strong enough to lift and move a slab of marble every time I want to shoot photos for the blog. This faux marble sticker works well on any surface and mimics the effect wonderfully.
- Korres Greek Yoghurt Foaming Cream Cleanser – I have very dry skin and any cleanser that thoroughly cleanses my skin usually makes my face feel tight and dry. This is one of the few cleansers that gets rid of all traces of makeup, even stubborn eyeliner and mascara AND isn’t drying to the skin. Holy Grail status.
- Naps and Entrees Shaker Set – Is this not the cutest salt and pepper shaker set? Pandas are always adorable.
- Club Monaco Valencia Sandal – I’m in love with gingham these days and the multi-wrap ankle strap makes it slightly sexy.
* I realized that one category of blog posts that I love to read are monthly/weekly favorites. I love learning about new products and finds from other people. So I decided to share some of my favorite things too.
- Mansur Gavriel Lady Bag – No matter how many purses I look at, I always come back to this bag. Perfect in its simplicity and shape. It’s such a shame that it goes out of stock so quickly.
- Zara Printed Ballerinas – Goes with everything and incredibly comfortable. It’s super light too!
- The Original Beauty Blender – It’s what I’m currently using to apply foundation. Fast, fool proof application every single time. Just remember to wet it thoroughly and squeeze out the excess water.
- B.P. Straw Boater Hat – I first saw this on Blair Eadie on her blog (I love every single outfit of hers.) and had to have it. Bonus, it’s on sale!
- Stuart Weitzman Nudist Heels – The shoe that inspired a thousand copies. I’ve looked at them all, and nothing beats the original.
- Gentle Monster Love Punch Sunglasses – I’ve been waiting for these to come back in stock. I love the uniqueness of the frames.